Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Touches Down In Japan ... Huge Crowd Cheers

Published

The Olympic flame has arrived in Japan -- and shockingly, a TON of people turned up to welcome the torch.

The flame was officially passed from Athens, Greece to a representative of Japan on Thursday -- who took the torch to a waiting jet, which flew to the Matsushima Air Base in Miyagi, Japan.

When the plane touched down on Friday, a group of important people were waiting on the tarmac to greet it -- including Japanese Olympic gold medallists Saori Yoshida and Tadahiro Nomura. Tokyo 2020 president Yoshiro Mori was also on hand.

But, the most shocking part ... a large group of fans and reporters gathered at the airport to witness the moment. The people were smothering each other despite massive calls for social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic.

So far, Japan has nearly 1,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 -- but insists the 2020 Games will go on as planned.

Stay tuned ...

Mike Tyson I'm a Cameo ThuperThtar!!! ... $20k In Bookings!!!

Published

Mike Tyson is CRUSHING the personalized video business -- he just signed on with Cameo and we're told he locked up $20,000 in bookings in the first 6 hours!!!

FYI, Cameo is a service where people can pay to have their favorite celebs make a custom short video for a fee. Everyone from Bethenny Frankel to Dwight Howard, to Brett Favre and Mark McGrath, have done it. It's fun!

We're told 53-year-old Mike joined up with the Cameo crew on Monday where he's offering up vids for $300-a-pop ... and the demand was MASSIVE!

Want Mike to sing Happy Birthday to your mom? He can do that! Want Mike to congratulate your nephew on his Bar Mitzvah? Done! Want Mike to quote lines from "The Hangover?" He'll probably do that too!

Reps from Cameo tell us only a handful of stars have generated the kind of interest Tyson is receiving -- noting Sarah Jessica Parker raked in $50k over 2 days for a charity fundraiser in 2019.

Cameo also claims overall bookings are up 30% this week -- likely due to the mass-quarantine situation that has many people stuck at home looking for ways to stay entertained.

Paul Pierce I Carried A Gun For 2 Yrs After Stabbing ... 'I'll Kill Somebody'

Published

Paul Pierce says he was so traumatized after being brutally stabbed in 2000 ... he carried a gun with him at all times for 2 YEARS -- and had the mentality of "I'll kill somebody."

Pierce made the stunning revelation on the "All The Smoke" podcast Thursday ... saying he was a changed man after he nearly lost his life in Sept. 2000 at a night club in Boston.

"It was so bad that I couldn't even like, sleep," said Pierce, who was 22 years old and just entering his third season with the Celtics at the time ... "I had to have a 24-hour police surveillance in my house, that's how paranoid I was."

He added, "It changes you, dude. You don't know where to go, you don't know who to look at, you on your toes. You're like really on your toes, like, 'Man, I'll kill somebody.'"

Paul was famously attacked at the Buzz Club on Sept. 24, 2000 ... saying he was stabbed three times in the stomach and five times in the back -- all over what he claims was an innocuous conversation with a woman.

Pierce nearly died from the incident ... and says he was so emotionally unstable afterward, his mentality toward people changed for years.

"People don't know this, but I actually carried a gun for two years right after that," Pierce said. "I was so paranoid. Like, I kept it in the car, I had it on me, I was so paranoid after that. I was just like, I couldn't be in crowds. Something like that happens to you, man, it's traumatic."

Pierce says he turned to basketball to help him get through the situation ... claiming after the incident, he did nothing but hoop and stay at home.

"I was like to the point of like, losing it," Paul said.

Fortunately for Pierce, basketball got him through everything ... he famously earned "The Truth" nickname just months after the attack, and went on to have a Hall of Fame NBA career.

Todd Gurley Cut By Rams ... Less Than 2 Years After Signing Mega Contract

Published
UPDATE

2:53 PM PT -- Gurley is using humor to cope with the news ... channeling the famous "Friday" quote, "Damn I got fired on my day off #QuarantineAndChill"

UPDATE

Despite the joke, Gurley tweeted he knows it was a business move ... and it seems like he's okay with the breakup.

Todd Gurley's run in Los Angeles was just cut short ... the Rams announced they're releasing the former All-Pro -- less than 2 years after making him the NFL's highest-paid RB EVER.

The team made the roster move official Thursday ... and while it's shocking considering his massive contract -- it ain't exactly surprising, considering his actual play on the field.

Gurley has been a shell of himself almost since the day he signed his 4-year, $60 MILLION deal in July 2018 ... with things getting so lousy, L.A. media grew obsessed with talking about a knee injury he insisted didn't exist.

Todd had his worst season as a pro last year ... rushing for just 857 yards -- and gave away a lot of playing time to backup Malcolm Brown, who usually found more success than TG on the field.

The Rams were reportedly trying to trade Gurley the past few weeks ... but couldn't find a dance partner -- mostly because of the dude's enormous contract.

The Rams will have to eat MILLIONS of dollars on their cap to cut the tailback ... which probably says all you need to know about what they think of Gurley's future.

But, the halfback is only 25 years old ... and a nice market could exist for him if the price is right.

Perhaps, down in Tampa Bay with Tom Brady???

Originally Published -- 1:11 PM PT

Soccer Star Peter Whittingham Dead At 35 ... After Head Injuries

Published

English soccer star Peter Whittingham has tragically passed away after suffering head injuries from an accidental fall, his former club announced. He was only 35.

The ex-Cardiff City and Aston Villa midfielder had reportedly been hospitalized following the accident on March 7 ... and succumbed to the injuries at University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff on Thursday.

Cardiff released a statement on the tragedy, saying, "It is with an immeasurable amount of sorrow that we must inform supporters that Peter Whittingham has passed away at the age of 35."

"We are heartbroken. The news of Peter’s sudden and untimely passing has shaken us to our very foundation."

Whittingham is survived by his wife, Amanda, and their young son.

"They are at the forefront of our thoughts and, on their behalf, we ask for their privacy to be respected at this unfathomably cruel and difficult time," Cardiff said.

The club praised Whittingham for being a family man with a sense of humor ... as well as a true professional on the field.

"The loss of Peter will be painfully felt by our city, supporters and indeed all who ever had the pleasure of knowing him. We love you Pete and your memory will eternally stay with us."

Whittingham played for Villa from 2003-07 before spending his next 11 seasons with Cardiff ... where he became the 9th-leading scorer in the club's history.

#RIP

Pete Alonso Brings Sick Mets Fan To Tears ... With Surprise Video

Published

WARNING: THIS VIDEO WILL MAKE YOU CRY!!!

NY Mets superstar Pete Alonso surprised a sick fan with a video message -- and the gesture was so heartfelt, it brought her to tears!

The story behind the footage is touching ... shortly after 82-year-old Kathleen Selig tragically learned she was given just weeks to live after a small cell lung cancer diagnosis, her granddaughter reached out to the Mets over social media.

18-year-old Ally Henglein explained of her "Gammy," "She is a diehard Mets fan and has been since the start."

"The Mets have helped her through the lonliest of times," Henglein wrote. "So much so, she has asked us to spread her ashes at Citi Field when the time comes."

So, how did NY respond? Not only did its best player make her a personalized vid ... new manager Luis Rojas also surprised her with a phone call -- and her reaction was priceless.

You can see in the footage ... the woman tears up with joy over seeing Pete's face -- and then is overcome with emotion when Rojas gets on the phone.

It's super touching ... and the Mets clearly couldn't have been happier to do it for their biggest fan.

As for the aftermath of the amazing moment, Selig's granddaughter wrote, "I’ve never seen her so overcome with emotion. I know she’ll fight to see opening day after all of this love and support."

#Amazing